Summer Series – 01 Virtualize MAC OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard on Windows (VMware Player)
SUMMER SERIES (HD Version)
VIRTUALIZE MAC OS X 10.6.8 SNOW LEOPARD
ON WINDOWS (VMWARE PLAYER)
In this summer, I will make some tutorials about MAC OS X. I have not a MAC BOOK so I’ve tried to virtualize it on Windows (use VMware).
I tried to find some tutorial on internet and I found this : How to Virtualize OS X on Windows 7. First try, luckily, it all worked for me ! But when I try for the second time, it didn’t work. I had installed it again, again and again. I found and fixed some errors to install it successfully, so now I want to share it with everybody.
System requirement :
- Virtualization support.
- RAM (minimum 2GB)
- 20.0 GB available disk space ( 6GB source files and 10GB for basic installation)
Technical Specifications I used for this Tutorial :
- CPU Core i5 760 2.80 GHz
- RAM DRR3 4GB
- HDD 1TB
- VGA NVDIA 9600GT 1GI (Gigabyte)
- Windows 7 64 bit
- An external HDD (You can use a Flash Drive (minimum 2GB ) )
Part 1 : Preparing for installation (HD)
In this part you will download
- VMware Player (link) (100MB)
- Snowy_VM (link) (15MB) (I saved it on E:\)
- DVD MAC OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (link) (4.37GB) (I saved it on D:\MAC\ )
Then, you download and save two files below to a Flash Drive (minimum 2GB)
Now you install VMware Player and go to part 2.
Part 2 : Installing and Updating (HD)
Script used in this part :
-v busratio=20 cpus=1 arch=i386 -x32
Or you can try :
-v busratio=20 cpus=4 arch=i386 -x64